Wide Angle in STL


Happy Monday!!

Over the weekend, I had a chance to experiment with a new toy. The 52mm Wide-Angle Lens for Nikon cameras. I thought you might like to see the results in case you have ever considered investing in a wide-angle lens.

I would love to buy a REAL wide-angle lens, but for now, this little cheapo attachment is fun to play around with.



To use this attachment, I simply screwed the little lens on the end of my 18-55mm lens and started shooting. It is light weight, easy to haul around and easy to attach to the camera. Light-weight is important when walking around like a tourist, taking pictures. ;-)

The price is great, very affordable for those of us who want to get a feel for wide-angle before taking the plunge to purchase a REALLY wide digital lens.

I actually like the vignette that is created around the image. Some people on the Amazon reviews did not like that or the fact that it gets a little blurry around the edges, but I actually like it. 





All of the photos were taken in St. Louis. The Moonlight, on Del Mar...I am told is where Lady Gaga stayed when she played in St. Louis recently. She reserved the entire top floor and the rooftop bar. Wow! By the way, I will be seeing Lady Gaga in Kansas City, Missouri tomorrow! I am super excited!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ooh, I'm going to see Gaga in KC tomorrow night, too! It's gonna be amazing!

And I love the photos! :)

Nellie Mae said...

Yay!! It IS going to be amazing. Thanks for stopping by!!