Let's Have a Party!

Saturday night I threw a party!!! Wear your best cheap disguise!
I love hosting themed parties. Some of my favorites: Ugly Sweater, 80s, New Years Eve, Pajama Party, and Christmasquerade.

Any celebration can be turned into a theme party with a few cheap disguises! I encouraged my guests to wear something cheap and fun, like a mustache. I didn't want this to be a typical 'mustache party' but some of the elements are very similar and I got lots of ideas from mustache parties that I found online. 

 In my search I found the Wedding Chicks and I decided to make some of their amazing Sculpty mustaches. Such a fun idea! I made a bunch and put them in a vase. They were easy to access for pictures and made a great centerpiece.

To find out how to make your own,  read here. These are so easy, great for a birthday party for kids or adults, a shower or even a wedding reception! So fun!

 I also printed off tons of things that I hung around the house. Here is one amazing printable that would be great for kids!  The image below is from Digital Design House, an April Fools Printable for a Cheap Disguise Kit. Absolutely fantastic!

Seven MORE great resources for you:

1. Find a great printable here from The City Cradle.

2. You can buy loads of disguise stuff on Amazon.com....I found some cool stuff here.

3. For an awesome DIY for mustache lollipops, click here.

4. I really wanted to make the cake that I saw on Paisley Jade's blog...a mustache cake...it was awesome! Maybe another time, let me know if you try it though!

5. One of the cutest boy birthday parties ever. Some great ideas for using ties and mustaches!!

6. Order your own Instant Villain Disguise Kit from Archie McFee (And sign up for a free catalog while you are at it!)

7. My favorite blog post, the one that gave me the most ideas for my own decor: Jackie Oh Fo, A Stache Bash. Awesome!! So many good ideas!


Okay so from all of those sources, here is what I came up with. I found some awesome foam heads at a flea market and I put them up on my mantle. Then, I displayed all of my wigs (from other parties) on the heads. Each head had its own unique mustache, cut from felt.


Below the heads, on the edge of the mantle, I used my Poladroid Polaroid Maker and images found on a google search of 'famous mustaches' to make images of some of my favorites. I printed them on white cardstock and stuck them up with glue dots.

A mustache bandit came by and stuck felt mustaches on paintings, photos and statues in my house. Here is a cute owl with a mustache and a picture of my niece!



All in all, it was a great night. Below, you can see some of my favorite Instax pictures from the evening. A few real mustaches, and lots of fake ones! Enjoy!!























How's this for a cheap disguise?? Haha!

Best wishes, happy parties and hope you are having a great MONDAY! Thanks for reading.

Also, if you know of any other great links, add them in the comments...let's get them all in one place!

2 comments:

jackie fo said...

Thanks so much for the link! Glad you liked the Stasche Bash ;)

alyssa said...

That's hilarious! I love the owl with the mustache - hah!