green crafting: recycled sweater pillows

Today's post is some inspiration I used to come into the mood for te online sewing class Home Ec. This summer, I am finally going to learn to sew! That is: I am finally learning how to use my sewing machine for more than the basic straight lines and shortening of my trousers. One of the things I want to learn is sewing my own pillow cases (with zipper). I have some old clothes cut out in squares already and I am looking for some great old sweaters to use to. I was not really sure about the sweaters, till I did a little search on the internet. Recycled sweater pillows can be so beautiful! I really need a trip to the thrift store now.
Here are some of the beauties I found online (including some links to DIY's):


Sweater pillow DIY on Country Living


Sweater Cushion DIY by Refashion on Refashinoso


Flower Garden Accent Pillow by FeltSewGood on Etsy


Patchwork pet bed on Apartment therapy


Bright Tiles Pillow by lolagodiva on Etsy


Fish scale pillow by plytextiles on Etsy

Happy crafting!
Love, Inkie

Are you inspired? Please show us your creations at our Flickr group.

Do you want more green crafting? Check out my posts about recycled maps and recycled paper crafts.

1 comment:

Vera said...

Great post! I love the first two pillows ❤